Millions of children are exposed to head lice while attending school each year, and unfortunately, parents aren’t always aware of the lice infestations that are occurring in the classroom. If little critters were infesting heads at your child’s school, wouldn’t you want to know?
Luckily, the Texas government passed a law in September of 2017 that requires the following:
- Once they are aware that a child has lice, the school nurse of any public elementary school must immediately alert the child’s parents within two days.
- If a child has lice, the nurse must also alert all of the parents of his or her classmates so they are aware that head lice are present in the school.
- Although schools can decide whether to prevent a child with lice from attending class, the parents of the child’s peers must be made aware of the infestation within five days of the initial lice discovery.
- Parents must be sent some kind of official notice, either via handouts or electronic correspondence.
- Any notices sent to parents must include official recommendations from the Center for Disease Control for treating and preventing the spread of lice.
If you are notified of a lice infestation at your child’s North Texas school, the quickest and easiest way to tackle the situation is to connect with Lice Lifters Treatment Centers. Their experienced professionals can train staff members to perform head checks in the classroom and schedule emergency removal appointments as needed. Lice Lifters employees will even travel to the school to assist with the head checks upon request. For more information on getting Lice Lifters Treatment Centers involved at your child’s school, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As soon as your child comes home with lice crawling through their hair, don’t hesitate: contact Lice Lifters Treatment Centers for lice removal at one of their convenient locations in Frisco and Southlake. Their all-natural killing agent can immediately destroy lice activity without the use of harmful pesticides and chemicals.
One Quick Treatment. Done! Guaranteed.